Last Updated on July 15, 2016 by Heather Mango
For crafters, summer is at times a hiatus from heavy sweaters and blankets in exchange for some lighter, faster projects that can easily be thrown in a beach bag or taken along to a baseball game. We have put together a list of 10 free patterns that we think would make great summer projects! What do you love to work on in the summer?
Remember all of the materials for these projects can be found on our website. We hope you enjoy this round up of summer patterns, if you enjoy this type of post please be sure to subscribe and share!
Click the picture or the link below in the descriptions to access the patterns.
- Knit Bath Set This set, made out of Scrub It yarn, is made up of 4 different bath accessories which would make great gifts!
- Ladybug and Daisy Dish set This is also made from Scrub It, and brings some summery cheer to your kitchen.
- Footloose Sock pattern Socks are my personal favorite summer project. They are easy to throw in any bag to work on, and they can be completed fairly quickly. If you knit through the summer you will have yourself a nice stash of warm socks when Fall hits. Made with our Footloose sock yarn.
- Crocheted Pinwheel Wrap Made with A Step Above sock yarn, this light wrap is perfect for cool summer nights; being made in motifs makes it easy to work on!
- Duster Cover Knit and Duster Cover Crochet If you have kids and they are spending a lot more time out side in the warmer months, that usually comes with a lot more dirt tracked in the house. These reusable covers for your floor duster are perfect! Both versions are made with Sugar’n Creme.
- Glitter Girl Shawl is a lovely knit shawl that would be great for any special event you may have coming up, such as a wedding. Can be made with Simply Soft Party or our new Starlette Sparkle.
- Crocheted Tote Bag made from cotton would be helpful for carrying items to the beach or park. Made with Sugar’n Creme.
- Napkin Edging pattern is a quick way to spice up a picnic or cookout.
- Floral Cami , crocheted with worsted weight yarn, is cute for layering over a tank, or as a bathing suit cover up. Made with Simply Soft Yarn.
- Lobster & Baby Mermaid is a fun little pattern for 2 toys to make for a special little one in your life. This pattern calls for Red Heart Super Saver.